Protecting Our K9 Officers
Vested Interest in K9s, Inc. is a 501c(3) non-profit whose mission is to provide bullet and stab-protective vests and other assistance to dogs of law enforcement and related agencies throughout the country.
Since 2009, our organization has donated:
- More than 5,008 K9 ballistic vests
- 2,300 K9 opioid reversal NARCAN Kits
- More than $293,980 of K9 medical insurance premiums through our Healthcare for K9 Heroes program
- Over $121,240 in K9 medical first aid kits
- Three Chevy Tahoe patrol vehicles custom fitted for a K9 Unit valued at over $50,000 each
- One Advanced Canine Medical Trainer (K9 Diesel) a full-body state-of-the-art skills trainer for canine first responders that simulates active breathing, audio queues and over 28 different features and medical intervention sites at $62,000
All of our programs are made possible with funds raised through contributions, grants and fundraising events.
Why does Vested Interest in K9s insist on donating only made in USA, NIJ compliant ballistic vests to K9s?
Protecting K9s is our priority. It’s not just a tagline, we demonstrate our commitment to protecting K9s by ensuring that the vests we donate to them are of the highest quality (Made in USA) with NIJ certified ballistic panels to provide the maximum amount of protection. K9s are a big investment of time and finances by the community, by the handler, and by the department. You cannot put a price on the peace of mind that comes with outfitting their K9 in certified body armor that is manufactured based on the latest design and manufacturing technologies.