Vested Interest in K9s “Healthcare for K9 Heroes” program pays the annual premiums for injury and illness medical insurance policies for K9s of any law enforcement agency that meets all the eligibility criteria below.
Law Enforcement Agencies are eligible to apply for the program if the agency meets ALL the criteria below:
- K9/s must be actively working
- K9/s age must be between 2 and 7 years old
- Agency carries the financial burden of raising funds to support your K9 unit or relies on asset forfeiture funds (does not have a budget line item for K9 program)
- Agency has no more than three (3) K9s
- Agency has previously been awarded a vest through Vested Interest in K9s and has completed the grant requirements for the vest donation. (1st and 2nd press release distributed)
Please note: K9 programs funded through a budget do not qualify for the Healthcare for K9 Heroes program.
—Details of the Plan— see infographic at right >>
This grant from Vested Interest in K9s, Inc. covers the cost for an annual medical reimbursement insurance policy, administered by Trupanion. It covers illnesses, injuries—including those sustained in the line of duty—diagnostic testing and therapies.
The plan allows the freedom to use any licensed veterinarian, specialty center, or emergency hospital in the United States, and Puerto Rico.
—–How to Apply—–
If you meet all the criteria above, complete and submit the online form to get started. We will contact you to review eligibility and the details of the healthcare grant program.