Vested Interest in K9s, Inc. (VIK9s) thanks you for your interest in becoming a Community Fundraiser and hosting a 3rd Party, independent fundraising event. From dog walks and lemonade stands, to casino nights and car shows, creative fundraising events such as yours are important in our efforts to raise funds and awareness to ensure America’s K9 officers have the protective gear and other services they need while protecting the public.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS A COMMUNITY FUNDRAISER?
A Community Fundraiser is a proud supporter of the VIK9s mission and wishes to hold their own, 3rd Party fundraising event to benefit Vested Interest in K9s, Inc.
HOW DO I GET STARTED WITH MY EVENT FOR VIK9S?
All events must be approved by the VIK9s Board of Directors. Please read through the guidelines on page 4-7, complete and sign the VIK9s-Community-Fundraiser-Event-Guidelines-and-Event-Proposal-Form-7.18f at least 30 days prior to your event and send it back to us for review. See the fundraiser ideas we have on page 8 of this document!
CAN I USE THE VIK9s NAME AND LOGO TO ADVERTISE MY FUNDRAISER?
We do not authorize the use of our name or logo to advertise your fundraiser but we do offer a PROUD SUPPORTER logo to use once your form is reviewed and fundraiser is approved.
DO YOU OFFER ONLINE FUNDRAISING SITES FOR COMMUNITY FUNDRAISERS TO USE?
Yes! VIK9s has online, peer-to-peer fundraising sites set up for you raise funds for VIK9s online! Once you submit your event form and it’s approved, we will help you set up your page and then you are ready to start fundraising! (Please note that using the online fundraising platform incurs payment processing fees of 2.9% + 30¢/transaction. This fee is deducted from the total amount raised before we receive the funds.)
- SCHOOL-WIDE COIN DRIVE: “Collections for K-9s” or “Coins for K-9s”
- LEMONADE STAND
- COMMUNITY DINNER
- CHINESE AUCTION / SILENT AUCTION
- SKETCH & SIP: Gather friends, bring a beverage and make a painting all in one session.
- CAR WASH
- GUESSING GAME: HOW MANY DOG TREATS ARE IN THE JAR? Same idea as ‘guess the number of jelly beans in the jar’, but use dog and / or cat treats. Enter a guess for $1 or 7 guesses for $5. The closest guesser gets donated prizes.
- K-9 APPRECIATION EVENT: invite a K-9 to do a demonstration…have your volunteers bring individually wrapped desserts, and 2-liter bottles of soda and cups. sell refreshments…hold a raffle…have photo’s with the K-9 team- charge $5.00 per photo (set limited hours, as per the handler’s indication on the dog’s ability to handle the photo sessions).
- BOWL-A-THON: bowl 1-3 strings. sponsor a player’s scoring pins by a penny, nickle, dime, quarter, dollar! – or pledge flat fee. Increase the odds: ask the police officers to play against your fundraising team!
- SKATING PARTY: ask skating rink to donate ice time..they get skate rental fees. ask pizza parlor, others to donate food. fundraiser is skating fee admission, food proceeds)
- MATCHING GIFT PROGRAM: a pet business (groomer, pet store, vet, etc) offers a matching gift…for all donations for Vested Interest in K9s received at their business during a specified time period (ie: a month or two), they match up to a maximum match of $XXX (ie: $735 or ?)
- DEDICATION WALL OF SHEPHERDS: Have cutouts of german shepherds, for $1.00 donation, the shepherd goes on the wall or window of the business…donors are encouraged to write a dedication on the cut-out (ie; in honor of____, in loving memory of____, Happy Birthday _____, etc.)
- BLANKET THE WALLS WITH LOVE: the same as “dedication Wall of Shepherds” (above), but use heart-shaped cutouts.
- IDENTIFICATION MICRO-CHIP IMPLANT DAY/VET CLINIC FUNDRAISER: all profits/percentage of profits are donated to Vested Interest in K9s
- PET WALK FUNDRAISER
- GOLF TOURNAMENT FUNDRAISER
- RESTAURANT PERCENT DONATION POTENTIAL: percentage donation potential from your local restaurants: Papa Gino’s, Friendlys Ice Cream Shops, Uno’s, TGI Fridays, Applebee’s, etc.)
- RUN A MARATHON: Obtain pledges for the event to Vested Interests in K9s, Inc.
- DRESS DOWN DAY: Give students or employees the option of wearing casual clothes outside of their usual dress code in exchange for a cash donation.
- WORKPLACE MINI-GOLF: Turn your workplace into a miniature golf course by setting up greens that snake through the office. Include ramps and sand traps to tee up extra excitement. Set up foursomes. Award prizes for lowest score.
Ideas for Fun and Easy Events to Help Raise Funds for VIK9s!