Get Your Buddy Bag
Vested Interest in K9s is funding First Aid Medical Kits (also known as BUDDY BAGS) in 2019!
Police, Fire, Search & Rescue K9 handlers are often the first responder for their animal. As with humans, time and having first aid supplies on hand are critical to saving lives. The Buddy Bag First Aid Medical kit is a necessity for any K9 unit.
The main feature of the kit is a specialized breathing apparatus formed to fit any dog’s muzzle. The specialized cone-shaped oxygen mask allows for a secure fit on the dogs face. Many animals receive burns through the course of an explosion, fire or accident, therefore specialized burn sheets, bandages, rinsing saline and protective restraints are also included in the kit.
Each kit contains:
- Elasticon bandage, petrolatum pads, bandage scissors, eye saline/drops, 3x antibiotic ointment, slip leashes, lubricating jelly, digital thermometer, cotton balls, ear cleaner, styptic powder, WoundSeal, cotton applicators, blanket, SAM splint, K9 splint (leg), burn sheet, sodium chloride saline rinse, collapsible water bowl, cold packs (2), tourniquet, muzzle, K9 oxygen mask, BVM bag or K9 trach tube.
Any agency that meets the criteria below is eligible to receive the First Aid Medical Kits.
- K9(s) must have physically received a vest from Vested Interest in K9s, Inc. and all vest donation program requirements fulfilled (1st and 2nd press releases distributed)
- K9(s) must be actively employed and working in the United States
- K9(s) must not be scheduled for retirement
- Request one kit per active duty K9. Maximum donation per agency is 4 kits.
- Kit requests are filled first-come, first-served basis and will be available until the 2019 supply is gone. Requests are filled by a partner agency, Vested Interest in K9s, Inc. does not ship or handle the kits.
Please fill out the request form below.