Qualify for a Vest
Vested Interest in K9s has donated over 4,845 ballistic vests to law enforcement K9s in all 50 states. Please see sidebar to learn more about our vest program and see the specification sheets on both types of vests. The program requires the applicant to fill out the below inquiry form to determine program eligibility. Upon internal review of information submitted through this form, the applicant is contacted within 48 hours of submission to start the application process.
PLEASE READ & UNDERSTAND the eligibility criteria for our K9 vest donation program before submitting a request to us:
- K9 must be actively employed in the United States (law enforcement/first responders only, currently we do not vest military K9s)
- K9 must be certified with his/her current handler
- K9 must be at least 20 months of age
- K9 does not have a current issue ballistic vest
- K9 is not scheduled for retirement within 12 months of the date of inquiry
THIS FORM MUST BE COMPLETED BY THE LAW ENFORCEMENT OR RELATED AGENCY REQUESTING A VEST FOR THEIR K9(s).
Please note this is a two step process:
1. Qualify eligibility through this “Inquiry Form” and submit.
2. After internal review, we will email you the full application. Complete a full application , provide supporting documents, and upload to our web portal. This online form is not the application.
Vest awards are given on a first-come, first-served basis as funds become available. The application does not guarantee a K9 vest will be awarded. If a K9 has a current vest or a vest on order through another means, an application for a replacement may be submitted once it is out of date.