NARCAN Kit Donation Program
Vested Interest in K9s has funded 500 NARCAN overdose reversal kits in 2019!
The 2019 supply of NARCAN kits has been depleted. Please check back in early 2020 for additional program announcements.
These kits help keep the K9 protected in the event they overdose due to exposure to dangerous opioids such as heroin or fentanyl.
Each kit contains:
- 2 doses of nasal Naloxone/Narcan (4mg/dose)
- 1 hard plastic NarCase
- 1 holsterK9(s) must be actively working and employed in the USA
Any agency/private company that meets the criteria below are eligible to receive NARCAN kits. (Agencies that have not received a vest from our organization ARE eligible for the NARCAN kit donation)
- K9(s) must not be scheduled for retirement
- Handler and K9 are employed by an agency/private company
- Handler and K9 must be certified together as a team
- Must not have current issue Narcan/Naloxone for the submitted K9(s)
- Request one kit per active duty K9. Maximum donation per agency is 4 kits. Kit requests are filled first-come, first-served basis and will be available until the supply is depleted.
Requests are filled by two of our partner organizations after fulfilling their veterinarian requirement. Vested Interest in K9s, Inc. does not handle or ship the kits.